OptumRx Pharmacy Benefits
OptumRx acts as the Pharmacy Benefit Manager for a majority of CalPERS health plans. OptumRx replaced CVS/caremark on January 1, 2017 in administering prescription drug benefits for about 486,000 CalPERS members and their families.
The following health plans feature OptumRx:
- PERS Select, PERS Choice, and PERSCare PPO plans (Basic and Medicare Supplement)
- Anthem Blue Cross Traditional & Select HMOs
- Anthem Blue Cross Monterey & Del Norte EPOs
- Health Net SmartCare & Salud y Más
- Sharp Health Plan Performance Plus
- UnitedHealthcare SignatureValue Alliance
Read about how we're Improving Your OptumRx Experience.
Blue Shield Access+, Kaiser Permanente, and UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage PPO health plans were not affected.
Members can take advantage of OptumRx benefits that include:
- Home delivery
- Access to large national chain and local pharmacies
- Select90 Saver program to get up to a three-month supply on medication
- Online account management
Your health plan's pharmacy copayments for 2017 will remain the same as for the 2016 plan year. However, some drug coverage and cost share may be different, which could impact your out-of-pocket cost.