Open Enrollment for Active Members
Open Enrollment takes place each fall. 2022 Open Enrollment will take place September 19 – October 14. Changes made during 2022 Open Enrollment will take effect January 1, 2023.
View Annual Health Plan Changes for details on health plans, service areas, and benefit design changes for 2023.
Are you a Retiree?
Visit Open Enrollment for Retirees to get Open Enrollment information specific to our retired members. Active members can explore their options below.
Important Health Enrollment Reminders
- Be aware that a medical group ending its contract with a health plan doesn't create a qualifying event to change plans outside of Open Enrollment.
- ID cards are issued by each health plan, not by CalPERS. Contact your health plan directly if you need additional cards.
- Carefully review your pay warrant to ensure the health plan premium deduction was made when you change health plans, enroll for the first time, or add/delete dependents.
- 2021-22 Open Enrollment Newsletter (PDF)
- CalHR Benefits Calculator
- Health Plan Search by ZIP Code
- Plans & Rates
- Retiree Plans & Rates