Open Enrollment for Retirees
2022 Open Enrollment ended October 14. Changes made during 2022 Open Enrollment take effect January 1, 2023.
Are you an Active Member?
Visit Open Enrollment for Active Members to get Open Enrollment information specific to our active members. Retirees can explore their options below.
Health Plan Changes for 2023
View Annual Health Plan Changes for details on health plans, service areas, and benefit design changes for 2023.
Important Health Enrollment Reminders
- Be aware that a medical group ending its contract with a health plan doesn't create a qualifying event to change plans outside of Open Enrollment.
- If you change your health plan, you’ll receive new ID cards from your new health plan.
- You may use your current health plan through December 31, 2022 only. Your new health plan takes effect January 1, 2023.
- ID cards are issued by each health plan, not by CalPERS. Contact your health plan directly if you need additional cards.
- Carefully review your pay warrant to ensure the health plan premium deduction was made when you change health plans, enroll for the first time, or add/delete dependents.
- If your January warrant doesn't show the new premium deduction, you should see the premium payment adjustment in a subsequent pay period.
- If you don't see the correct deduction applied in your February warrant, contact us.
Health & Medicare
- A Guide to Changing Your Health Coverage
- A Guide to Understanding Your Health Plan Statement
- CalHR Benefits Calculator
- Health Plan Events and Resources
- Health Plan Search by ZIP Code
- Retiree Plans & Rates