Open Enrollment for Retirees
2023 Open Enrollment ended October 13. Changes made during Open Enrollment take effect January 1, 2024.
Are you an Active Member?
Visit Open Enrollment for Active Members to get Open Enrollment information specific to our active members. Retirees can explore their options below.
Health Plan Changes for 2024
View Annual Health Plan Changes for details on health plans, service areas, and benefit design changes for 2024.
Dental & Vision
Open Enrollment for State of California and California State University (CSU) sponsored dental and vision plans ended October 13.
View Dental & Vision Benefits for more information and details on how to make changes to your dental and vision plan outside of Open Enrollment.
Important Health Enrollment Reminders
- Be aware that a medical group ending its contract with a health plan and changes to the memoranda of understanding, bargaining unit agreements, or employer contribution amounts doesn't create a qualifying event to change plans outside of Open Enrollment.
- If you change your health plan, you’ll receive new ID cards from your new health plan.
- You may use your current health plan through December 31, 2023 only. Your new health plan takes effect January 1, 2024.
- ID cards are issued by each health plan, not by CalPERS. Contact your health plan directly if you need additional cards.
- Carefully review your pay warrant to ensure the health plan premium deduction was made when you change health plans, enroll for the first time, or add/delete dependents.
- If your January warrant doesn't show the new premium deduction, you should see the premium payment adjustment in a subsequent pay period.
- If you don't see the correct deduction applied in your February warrant, contact us.
Health & Medicare
- Guide to Understanding Your Health Plan Statement
- Health & Wellness Programs by Health Plan
- Health Plan Search by ZIP Code
- Retiree Plans & Rates