Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye to Headline CalPERS Women’s Conference
August 2, 2022
Communications & Stakeholder Relations
Contact: Stephanie Buck, Information Officer
(916) 795-3991 - email@example.com
ANAHEIM, Calif. – CalPERS will host the second annual Pathways for Women Conference on August 23 in Anaheim, California. The conference is held in honor of Women’s Equality Day.
Intended to inspire and inform women who seek to advance their careers, the event features leaders in business, healthcare, and government. In addition to four panels and a keynote discussion featuring Chief Justice of California Tani Cantil-Sakauye, registered guests may attend a networking reception the evening prior to the conference.
“I am pleased to invite women and committed allies to this year’s Pathways conference,” says CalPERS CEO Marcie Frost. “Supporting diverse leadership is critical to the success of public and private companies and helps create opportunities for more inclusive decisions and innovative solutions.”
All are invited to attend the conference, regardless of gender identity, or background.
WHEN: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Networking reception Monday, August 22, 2022, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Hilton Anaheim, California
WHY: To foster an ongoing dialogue around achieving equal representation and advancing women in their careers, and to create inclusive spaces where women can connect meaningfully with a supportive community.
CalPERS supports equity initiatives that help drive performance, retain top talent, and most importantly, deliver high-quality service to members and stakeholders. The Pathways for Women Conference aims to help close the gender gap in leadership and create opportunities for more inclusive, innovative business solutions.
2022 speakers include:
- Chief Justice of California Tani Cantil-Sakauye
- Jessica Altman, Executive Director, Covered California
- Raymond J. Arata, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Better Man Conference
- Jennifer Barrera, President and Chief Executive Officer, California Chamber of Commerce
- Lasha Boyden, U.S. Marshal, U.S. Marshals Service
- Marlene Timberlake D’Adamo, Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer, CalPERS
- Marcie Frost, Chief Executive Officer, CalPERS
- Janet Liang, Group President and Chief Operating Officer, Care Delivery, Kaiser Permanente
- Dr. Julia Logan, Chief Clinical Director, CalPERS
- Lisa Middleton, Board Member, CalPERS
- Dr. Lori Moore-Merrell, U.S. Fire Administrator, U.S. Fire Administration
- Nicole Musicco, Chief Investment Officer, CalPERS
- Amanda Ray, Commissioner, California Highway Patrol
- Cyrus Taraporevala, President and Chief Executive Officer, State Street Global Advisors
- Julie Tatge, Executive Editor, Pensions & Investments
- Carin Taylor, Chief Diversity Officer, Workday
- Theresa Taylor, Board President, CalPERS
- Betty Yee, California State Controller, State Controller’s Office
View the event agenda for all speakers and panels.
For more information or to be added to the distribution list, email CalPERS_Events@calpers.ca.gov.
For more than eight decades, CalPERS has built retirement and health security for state, school, and public agency members who invest their lifework in public service. Our pension fund serves more than 2 million members in the CalPERS retirement system and administers benefits for more than 1.5 million members and their families in our health program, making us the largest defined-benefit public pension in the U.S. CalPERS' total fund market value currently stands at approximately $449 billion. For more information, visit www.calpers.ca.gov.