Catalyst: California’s Diverse Investment Manager Forum
Thank You for Joining Us
The Catalyst Forum will return. Stay tuned for more details.
About the Event
Now more than ever, the investment industry needs to place a greater emphasis on inclusivity to those that can bring prudent and competitive financial returns to our investment portfolios.
Hosted by CalPERS and CalSTRS, the Catalyst: California’s Diverse Investment Manager Forum brought together institutional investors and other global allocators to meet and engage with diverse investor entrepreneurs and general partners to forge a new path in leadership and growth.
Catalyst took place June 27-28, 2023, at San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront in California.
At the event, we:
- Discussed the challenges in funding diverse talent
- Described how institutional investors and other global allocators can build a diverse emerging manager portfolio
- Paired institutional investors, global allocators, investor entrepreneurs, and general partners for introductions and connections
- Shared insight and lessons learned from other investor entrepreneurs and general partners who overcame funding obstacles
Former CEO & Chairman
Malia M. Cohen
California State Controller
José E. Feliciano
Clearlake Capital Group, L.P.
Co-Founder and Managing Partner
PE Investment Director
Educator & Impact Investor
- GCM Grosvenor
- Alameda County Employees Retirement Association
- Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec
- Children's Health
- CommonSpirit Health
- CPP Investments
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- Hamilton Lane
- Harvard Management Company
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Hewlett Foundation
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- IMCO (Ontario Pensions)
- Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions
- Leading Edge Investment Advisors
- Muller & Monroe Asset Management, LLC
- New York State Common Retirement Fund
- Oregon State Treasury
- PSP Investments
- San Francisco Employees Retirement System
- State of Michigan Retirement Systems
- Stanford Management Company
- The California Endowment
- UC Investments
- United Church Funds
Catalyst Forum General Session Replays
Reach out to CalPERS_Events@calpers.ca.gov with questions or if you’d like to receive registration notifications.