Open Enrollment for Active Members
Open Enrollment takes place each fall. The 2023 Open Enrollment dates are September 18-October 13. Changes made during Open Enrollment take effect January 1, 2024.
Are you a Retiree?
Visit Open Enrollment for Retirees to get Open Enrollment information specific to our retired members. Active members can explore their options below.
Health Plan Changes for 2024
View Annual Health Plan Changes for details on health plans, service areas, and benefit design changes for 2024.
Important Health Enrollment Reminders
- Be aware that a medical group ending its contract with a health plan doesn't create a qualifying event to change plans outside of Open Enrollment.
- If you change your health plan, you’ll receive new ID cards from your new health plan.
- You may use your current health plan through December 31, 2023 only. Your new health plan takes effect January 1, 2024.
- ID cards are issued by each health plan, not by CalPERS. Contact your health plan directly if you need additional cards.
- Carefully review your pay warrant to ensure the health plan premium deduction was made when you change health plans, enroll for the first time, or add/delete dependents.
- If your January warrant doesn't show the new premium deduction, you should see the premium payment adjustment in a subsequent pay period.
- If you don't see the correct deduction applied in your February warrant, contact your personnel specialist or health benefits officer in human resources.
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Eligibility & Enrollment
- Long-Term Care
- Open Enrollment for Active Members
- Plans & Rates
- Active Members Plans & Rates
- CalHR Benefits Calculator
- Health Enrollment Self-Service for Active Members
- Health Plan Events and Resources
- Health Plan Search by ZIP Code