Open Enrollment for Active Members
2020 Open Enrollment ended October 16. Changes made during Open Enrollment took effect January 1, 2021.
Are you a Retiree?
Visit our Open Enrollment for Retirees web page to get open enrollment information specific to our retired members. Active members can explore their options below.
Important Health Enrollment Reminders
- Be aware that a medical group ending its contract with a health plan doesn't create a qualifying event to change plans outside of Open Enrollment.
- You'll receive new health plan ID cards if you changed your health plan or enrolled for the first time.
- ID cards are issued by each health plan, not by CalPERS. Contact your health plan directly if you need additional cards.
- Carefully review your January pay warrant to ensure the health plan premium deduction was made when you change health plans, enroll for the first time, or add/delete dependents.
- If you changed plans during Open Enrollment and you don't see the correct deduction applied by your February warrant, contact your employer's personnel specialist or health benefits officer in human resources.
- If you changed health plans, don't continue to use your previous health plan after December 31, 2020.
Forms & Publications
- Your Guide to Choosing a Health Plan (PDF)
- 2021 Health Benefit Summary (PDF)
- 2020-21 Open Enrollment Newsletter (PDF)
- Health Program Guide (PDF)
- Health Benefits Plan Enrollment for Active Employees (HBD-12) (PDF)
- Health Benefits Plan Enrollment for Retirees and Survivors (HBD-30) (PDF)
- Medicare Enrollment Guide (PDF)