- After you retire, you can work as a retired annuitant in a temporary position and continue to receive your retirement benefits.
- As a retired annuitant, you can work up to 960 hours per fiscal year and still receive your allowance, provided the job meets all of the requirements for retired annuitant work.
- If you retired on a service retirement, you can work for a non-CalPERS employer without restrictions and still receive your allowance.
- To go back to permanent, part- or full-time work with a CalPERS employer, you’ll need to reinstate from retirement.
- You must have a firm start date or hire date in order to reinstate from service retirement into active employment.