Because your tax situation can change from year to year, you may want to adjust the federal or California state withholding amounts deducted from your monthly benefit payment. There are a few ways to change your tax withholding:

P.O. Box 942715
Sacramento, CA 94229-2715

Fax: (800) 959-6545

If you need help completing the Tax Withholding Election form, call us at 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377) so we can assist you. However, since we cannot provide tax advice, you should contact your tax consultant, the Internal Revenue Service, and/or the Franchise Tax Board for specific information on your tax related needs.