The objective of our Corporate Governance activities is to ensure that the public companies we invest in are managed to generate long-term, sustainable investment returns.
Program Updates to CalPERS Investment Committee
The Corporate Governance team annually provides initiative updates to the CalPERS Board during Investment Committee meetings.
Partnerships are critical to the Corporate Governance initiatives as they allow us to share experiences, pool resources, and scale our influence.
- Asian Corporate Governance Association (ACGA)
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Climate Action 100+
- Council of Institutional Investors (CII)
- International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN)
- Investor Stewardship Group (ISG)
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
- April 24, 2019, CII Draft Executive Compensation Policy (PDF)
- March 21, 2019, Securities and Exchange Commission Earnings Release & Quarterly Reporting (PDF)
- December 11, 2018, Securities and Exchange Commission U.S. Proxy Process Roundtable (PDF)
- April 27, 2018, Proposed revisions to the Japan Corporate Governance Code (PDF)
- April 25, 2018, UK Corporate Governance Code (PDF)
- January 31, 2018, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board's (SASB) proposed changes to provisional standards (PDF)