Make an Appointment
We offer several appointments to assist you in conducting your CalPERS business. Before scheduling an appointment, we recommend you first attend a retirement education class. These classes contain valuable information about CalPERS benefits that may answer your questions.
To schedule any of the appointments below, log in to my|CalPERS.
Retirement Application or Service Credit Election Appointments
There are three types of appointments under this category:
- Disability or Industrial Disability Retirement Application (appointment duration: 60 minutes maximum)
- Service Credit Election (appointment duration: 30 minutes maximum)
- Service Retirement Application (appointment duration: 60 minutes maximum)
In these appointments, we'll review your application, answer any questions, witness your signature and that of your spouse or domestic partner (if needed), and accept the application. If you're purchasing service credit or converting from Second Tier to First Tier, we'll also accept payment (if applicable).
Retirement Planning Appointments
These 30-minute appointments are targeted for members who are not ready to complete their transaction(s) and have additional questions.
- Disability or Industrial Disability Retirement Information - Learn about the disability process, how to complete your disability application package, or receive further explanation about your disability estimate.
- Service Credit Purchase Inquiries - Schedule this if you need a more detailed explanation about your service credit cost package, benefit equity package, or service credit cost estimate.
- Service Retirement Information - Choose this option if you are planning for retirement and have questions about CalPERS Special Power of Attorney, reciprocity, or a service retirement estimate.
Already Retired Appointments
Retirees can schedule a 30-minute appointment to get assistance with topics such as:
- Beneficiary changes
- Changes due to moving
- Claim for death benefits
- Health changes
- Special Power of Attorney
- Questions about a form you're submitting