- Service credit is the time you accrue while on the job under a CalPERS-covered employer.
- The minimum retirement age for service retirement for most members is 50 years with five years of service credit.
- The more service credit you have, the higher your retirement benefits will be.
- There are three basic types of retirement: service, disability, and industrial disability.
- Your retirement benefits are based on a formula - not what you contribute into the system.
Planning Your Retirement
Video Length: 1:14:37
Health Benefits for State Members
Video Length: 19:03
Health Benefits for Public Agency & School Members
Video Length: 13:13
Understanding Your Retirement Benefit Options
Video Length: 24:55
Your Retirement Options & Online Application
Video Length: 28:11
Retirement Income Sources
Video Length: 25:33
Retirement Planning Checklist
Video Length: 16:58
Service Credit Purchase
Video Length: 19:43