Small Business & Disabled Veterans Business Enterprise (SB & DVBE)
CalPERS is committed to increasing contract opportunities with California's SB & DVBE firms.
A 5 percent bid preference is given to:
- Prime vendors who subcontract with a small and/or micro business
- Small businesses and micro businesses
A 1 to 5 percent bid incentive is given to:
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises
- Prime vendors who subcontract with a DVBE vendor for 3 percent or more of the total contract amount
Visit the Department of General Services to learn how to get certified.
Contact the CalPERS SB & DVBE Advocate
The CalPERS advocate provides advocacy, outreach, and help with certification and finding a subcontractor.
SB & DVBE Advocate: Lynette Hall
400 Q Street, Lincoln Plaza West
Sacramento, CA 95811
Doing Business With CalPERS
- California Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Program
- Department of General Services
- Small Business Procurement and Contract Act
Forms & Publications
- Doing Business with CalPERS SB & DVBE Guide (PDF, 2.56 MB)