The CalPERS Board of Administration consists of 13 members who are elected, appointed, or hold office ex officio for four-year terms. Their decisions affect all active and retired members.
2021 Member-at-Large Election
Eligible active and retired CalPERS members have an opportunity this year to elect two representatives for the CalPERS Board of Administration. The terms of incumbents David Miller and Margaret Brown expires on January 15, 2022. The new terms of office begins January 16, 2022 and runs through January 15, 2026.
Who's Eligible to Vote?
- CalPERS members active as of July 1, 2021.
- Retired CalPERS members (excluding survivors and beneficiaries) whose effective date of retirement is on or before July 1, 2021.
Cast Your Ballot by September 27, 2021
A ballot package with instructions on how to vote will be mailed to eligible voters on August 27, 2021. Ensure your mailing address is current so you receive your ballot. The voting period is August 27 through September 27. Your vote must be received by mail, phone, or online by 11:59 p.m. PST on September 27, or it won't be counted.
You will need your PIN, which can be:
- Found on the official ballot included in the ballot package.
- Requested by calling the CalPERS Board Election Call Center at (877) 610-8637.
- Retrieved online using the Forgot Your PIN? tool.
There are three ways to cast your ballot:
Vote by Mail
Follow the instructions in the official ballot and submit your ballot in the return envelope provided.
If you damage or lose your official ballot or ballot return envelope, you may request a replacement ballot package from the CalPERS Board Election Call Center at (877) 610-8637.
Do not request a replacement ballot if you have already mailed your official ballot to CalPERS or voted online or by phone.
Vote by Phone
Call (833) 442-4829 and follow the automated voice instructions.
Go to www.calperselections.com and follow the instructions on the screen.
The number of votes received will be updated on a weekly basis throughout the voting period.
|As of||Online||By Phone||By Mail||Total|
Notice of Election
The Notice of Election provides information on becoming a candidate, voter eligibility, and the election schedule.
Candidate Contact List
Position ADavid Miller (Incumbent)
- Telephone Number: (916) 856-8404
- Email: email@example.com
- Website URL: www.davidmillerforcalpers.org
- Mailing Address: 455 Capitol Mall, Suite 500, Sacramento CA 95814
- Employer: Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Job Classification: Senior Environmental Scientist Specialist
- Telephone Number: (909) 353-3735
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website URL: www.tiffany4calpers.com
- Mailing Address: 1127-11th Street, Suite 210, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Retired From: City of San Bernardino
- Job Classification at Retirement: Police Detective
Position BMargaret Brown (Incumbent)
- Telephone Number: (415) 342-8393
- Email: email@example.com
- Website URL: www.electmargaretbrown.com
- Mailing Address: 10487 Bridge Haven Road, Apple Valley, CA 92308
- Retired From: Garden Grove Unified School District
- Job Classification at Retirement: Director Business Services
Jose Luis Pacheco
- Telephone Number: (408) 643-0506
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website URL: www.pachecoforcalpers.com
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1336, Campbell, CA 95009
- Employer: San Jose-Evergreen Community College District
- Job Classification: SharePoint Developer/Administrator
This is the final list of candidates running in this election, and their names are listed in the order they'll appear for each position on the official ballot.
View the candidate statements and addenda for the 2021 Member-at-Large Board Election.
The Candidate Forum took place on Wednesday, September 8. If you missed it, you can still find out what the CalPERS Board of Administration Member-at-Large Election candidates think about the key issues that affect your health and pension benefits. View the recording of the Candidate Forum here.
Spread the word about the election. Find promotional material, email templates, and other resources in our Board Election Employer Toolkit.
If you have questions about the board election process or need further assistance, email the CalPERS Board Election Coordinator or call (800) 794-2297.
|2022||Special Public Agency Member|
|2022||State and School Member|
Board of Administration
- 2021 Board Election Regulations (PDF)
- 2021 CalPERS Board of Administration Member-at-Large Election Process FAQ
- Campaign Guidelines (PDF)
- Fair Political Practices Commission Filing Schedule (PDF)
- Political Reform Act - Important Notice (PDF)