CalPERS to Hold Pathways for Women Event
August 18, 2021
Communications & Stakeholder Relations
Contact: Megan White, Information Officer
(916) 795-3991 - firstname.lastname@example.org
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – CalPERS is hosting a free online forum featuring female leaders sharing their stories and guidance about career success and advancement. Speakers from the fields of business and government will discuss how they’ve navigated their professional paths and overcome obstacles.
While this event is designed to address issues that have traditionally impacted women, all are invited to attend, regardless of gender identity or background. Whether you’re thinking of leaving your job, starting your own business, or re-evaluating your current career, this forum is for you.
WHEN: Thursday, August 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT
WHERE: Register for this online forum by August 25
WHO: Speakers will include:
- Donna Bland, President & CEO, Golden 1 Credit Union
- Carolyn Coleman, Executive Director & CEO, League of California Cities
- Lauren Dillard, Executive Vice President, Investment Intelligence, Nasdaq
- Dorene Dominguez, Chairwoman & CEO, The Vanir Group of Companies, Inc.
- Marcie Frost, CEO, CalPERS
- Alona Gornick, Managing Director, Origination, Chicago Office, Churchill Management
- Kirsty Jenkinson, Investment Director, Sustainable Investment & Stewardship Strategies, California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS)
- Allison Herren Lee, Commissioner, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Cassandra Lichnock, CEO, CalSTRS
- Doris Matsui, Congresswoman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Sarah Maynard, Global Head of External Inclusion & Diversity Strategies and Programs, Certified Financial Analysts Institute
- Karishma Shah Page, Partner, K&L Gates
- Kate Renwick-Espinosa, President, VSP Vision Care
- Mary Teichert, President, Teichert Construction, Inc
- Linda Webb, Retirement Administrator, Ventura County Employees’ Retirement Administration (VCERA)
- Julie Wyne, Chief Executive Officer, Sonoma County Employees' Retirement Association (SCERA)
View the event agenda to see all the speakers and sessions.
For more than eight decades, CalPERS has built retirement and health security for state, school, and public agency members who invest their lifework in public service. Our pension fund serves more than 2 million members in the CalPERS retirement system and administers benefits for more than 1.5 million members and their families in our health program, making us the largest defined-benefit public pension in the U.S. CalPERS' total fund market value currently stands at approximately $485 billion. For more information, visit www.calpers.ca.gov.