CalPERS to Hold Asset Liability Management Workshop
November 8, 2017
Communications & Stakeholder Relations
Contact: Megan White, Information Officer
(916) 795-3991 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Board will explore changes to investment portfolio; gather feedback from stakeholders
SACRAMENTO, CA - The California Public Employees' Retirement System Board of Administration (Board) will hold an informational Asset Liability Management (ALM) workshop to examine potential new investment policy portfolios and their impact on the CalPERS Fund. The workshop will also provide the Board an opportunity to gather feedback from CalPERS employer and member stakeholder groups, and interested parties.
- Monday, November 13, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. (PT), or upon adjournment of the Investment Committee meeting, whichever is later.
- CalPERS Headquarters, 400 P Street, Sacramento, California, 95811, Room LPN 1140. It will also be webcast live at www.calpers.ca.gov.
- Speakers will include:
- Marcie Frost, chief executive officer, CalPERS
- Ted Eliopoulos, chief investment officer, CalPERS
- Charles Asubonten, chief financial officer, CalPERS
- Scott Terando, chief actuary, CalPERS
- Eric Baggesen, managing investment director, CalPERS
The workshop continues the Board's ALM work and builds off the June decision to adopt new Capital Market Assumptions. The workshop will include an overview of the ALM process, how it relates to CalPERS pension and investment beliefs, and a review of factors that influence decisions surrounding the policy portfolios, including long-term investment objectives and risk tolerance.
The Board is expected to select a policy portfolio at their December meeting, and it would go in to effect on July 1, 2018.
ALM Process slide deck (PDF) is currently available to view.
For more than eight decades, CalPERS has built retirement and health security for state, school, and public agency members who invest their lifework in public service. Our pension fund serves more than 1.8 million members in the CalPERS retirement system and administers benefits for more than 1.4 million members and their families in our health program, making us the largest defined-benefit public pension in the U.S. CalPERS' total fund market value currently stands at approximately $344 billion. For more information, visit www.calpers.ca.gov.