CalPERS to Host Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum
March 27, 2014
External Affairs Branch
Robert Udall Glazier, Deputy Executive Officer
Brad Pacheco, Chief, Office of Public Affairs
Contact: Joe DeAnda, Information Officer
SACRAMENTO, CA - The California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) will host an Emerging and Diverse Manager Forum on April 1, 2014, in Sacramento. The forum is the premier CalPERS educational and networking event for emerging and diverse managers seeking to become investment partners with the Pension Fund.
The forum will provide prospective managers with an overview of CalPERS emerging manager investment programs, insights into the organizational and structural attributes that are important factors in the Pension Fund's assessment of promising emerging firms, and instructions on how to submit investment proposals.
|WHO:||Emerging and diverse investment managers, California pension plan officials|
|WHEN:||7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 1, 2014|
|WHERE:||Sheraton Grand Hotel
1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA
|TO ATTEND:||Media wishing to attend the forum are asked to register with CalPERS Office of Public Affairs no later than 5:00 p.m. PT, March 28, 2014.|
The theme of the forum, Performance Driven EM Initiatives across the Golden State, brings into focus an array of California-based pension funds and their strategies for identifying and incorporating talented emerging and diverse managers into their investment portfolios.
Participants and supporting partners include:
- Rob Feckner, President, CalPERS Board of Administration
- Henry Jones, Chair, CalPERS Investment Committee
- Anne Stausboll, Chief Executive Officer, CalPERS
- Ted Eliopoulos, Interim Chief Investment Officer, CalPERS
- Chris Ailman, Chief Investment Officer, CalSTRS
- Rodney June, Chief Investment Officer, LA City Employees' Retirement System
- Tom Lopez, Chief Investment Officer, LA Fire and Police Pension System
- California Legislative Black Caucus
- California Latino Legislative Caucus
- California Asian & Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus
- Association of Asian American Investment Managers
- National Association of Securities Professionals
- National Association of Investment Companies
- New America Alliance
For more information about the forum, including an agenda, visit our 2014 CalPERS Emerging & Diverse Manager Forum page.
CalPERS is the largest public pension fund in the U.S., with more than $280 billion in assets. CalPERS administers health and retirement benefits on behalf of 3,064 public school, local agency and state employers. There are more than 1.6 million members in the CalPERS retirement system and more than 1.3 million in its health plans. For more information about CalPERS, visit www.calpers.ca.gov