Diversity & Inclusion
CalPERS is committed to a work environment that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. The Investment Office Targeted Investment Programs team works with the CalPERS Diversity Outreach Program to engage and promote a diverse workforce and extend that philosophy to our stakeholders. We also host the Diversity Forum, which explores the representation of women and minorities in business.
CalPERS has a strategic, 3-tiered approach to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment:
- Marketplace - We serve our members with sensitivity to their diverse perspectives. Our business partners include certified Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises.
- Workforce - We recruit and retain a high-performance team inclusive of our state’s rich diversity.
- Workplace - We actively educate our leadership and staff to increase diversity and inclusion awareness, understanding, and skills that lead to greater quality, respect, and accountability.
The Diversity Forum assembles an outstanding lineup of CalPERS Board Members and senior staff, institutional investors, business and academic leaders, and consultants from around the country to discuss diversity and inclusion in the business world. Visit Diversity Forum to learn more about the event, and review information and resources from past Diversity Forums.
- Annual Diversity Report - September 2014 (PDF)
- CalPERS Demographics (PDF)
- CalPERS Employee to Member Population by Ethnic Group (PDF)
- CalPERS Investment Managers and Consultant Diversity and Inclusion Survey (PDF)
- CalPERS Peer Benchmark Survey: Women and Minority Owned Managers (PDF)
- Diversity Report - March 2012 (PDF)
- Semi-annual Diversity Report - September 2013 (PDF)
Investment Manager Engagement Programs
- CalPERS Diversity Forum
- Diversity Outreach Program
- Doing Business With CalPERS
- Subscribe to Manager Solicitations & News