Global Equity Brokerage
Thank you for your interest. We are no longer accepting submissions for Version 19 of the CalPERS Equity brokerage questionnaire. The next questionnaire version should be available in late March.
CalPERS staff and Mosaic Investment Advisors have worked together to migrate this questionnaire to a new platform. This new platform comes with a new look and feel as well as improved functionality for brokers and staff when evaluating responses.
The questionnaire's purpose is to collect information from CalPERS' current equity brokers and other firms interested in having a trading relationship with the CalPERS Global Equity internal trading unit. This periodically revised questionnaire helps us evaluate brokers' capabilities, including:
- Individual market presence
- Operational ability to receive, process, and settle trades in a robust and efficient manner
- Specialized trading capabilities
- Value-added ways that brokers can help CalPERS manage the Global Equity investment portfolio such as various types of research, analytic software, access to new equity offerings, and the ability to commit capital
To request a PDF version, or if you have questions about the submission process not covered below, email us.
When you select the link to submit your broker application, follow these steps:
- Click on the Broker Questionnaire link and sign in if you have already signed up for an account, or select "Not a Member" to sign up for an account.
- Once your application has been approved, sign in to the system with your username (email address) and password. A randomized security token will be emailed to the email address associated with your account.
- From the dropdown menu, select Broker Questionnaire (V19-2h 2017). Responses can be submitted for any open questionnaires. Note that previously submitted responses can't be accessed. If you would like to use your previously submitted response as reference, contact Michael Gilboy with Mosaic.
- Once the current cycle is selected, information can be entered in any order. At the top of the page you can navigate and follow progress on questions answered via the progress bar.
- Each time you respond to a question, the answer will be saved immediately. You can change a response as long as you have not submitted your questionnaire. Edits can't be made after submission.
- At any time, you can navigate to the end of the questionnaire and use the save/print button to save current progress or print a copy of the submitted questionnaire for your records.
- Additional supplemental information can be attached to your response prior to submission. Note, if you would like to submit more than one document, you will need to compress files together and upload the ZIP file. The last file uploaded will be the file attached to the response.
- All required questions must have been completed in order to be able to submit the questionnaire. Edits can't be made after submission, you will only be able to review what has been submitted.
If you have questions about this process or about your questionnaire, email us.
You may wish to refer to previous responses when you respond to the questionnaire, so we suggest you file this information in a safe, easily accessible place.
- Questionnaires may be edited by multiple users, as long as the company name matches exactly for all users wishing to access the same survey. Edits made to any questionnaire are saved automatically allowing all users to view the most up to date information available in real time.
- It may be helpful to prepare and edit your answers in a word processing package, like Microsoft Word, and then paste them into the questionnaire.
- The survey doesn't allow for reconnection to a previously submitted questionnaire, so have all of your response data available when you begin the inputting process.
- All information entered into the questionnaire will be automatically saved. However, once the questionnaire is submitted, information cannot be changed.
- Information can be edited up until submission.
- Use your entire firm name at the beginning. If you change the name, email us so your records can be corrected.
- When a question asks for a numeric response, use only numbers. Non-numeric characters (e.g., $, decimal points, commas, etc.) won't be accepted.
July 1, 2017
The following brokerage firms will be used to execute U.S. public equity trades for the current period:
- Barclays Capital
- Capital Institutional Services, Inc.*
- Credit Suisse
- Drexel Hamilton1
- Goldman Sachs
- Guzman & Co.*
- J.P. Morgan
- Jones & Associates
- Merrill Lynch
- Morgan Stanley
- North South*
- Stuart Frankel
- Weeden & Co.
*For reporting purposes only, firms voluntarily identified substantial or majority ownership by women and/or minorities in their response to CalPERS Equity Brokerage Questionnaire.
1Voluntarily identified as a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise.