Global Equity Brokerage
Thank you for your interest in the CalPERS equity brokerage questionnaire. The fiscal year 2021-2022 (version 23) questionnaire is now available through July 16, 2021. The questionnaire can be found here. If you have not previously registered, on the log in screen, click Not a Member? The new registration form will display.
The questionnaire's purpose is to collect information from CalPERS' current equity brokers and other firms interested in having a trading relationship with the CalPERS Global Equity internal trading unit. The questionnaire, which is periodically revised, helps us evaluate brokers' capabilities, including:
- Individual market presence
- Operational ability to receive, process, and settle trades in a robust and efficient manner
- Specialized trading capabilities
- Value-added ways that brokers can help CalPERS manage the Global Equity investment portfolio
If you have questions about the submission process, email us.
January 31, 2020
The following brokerage firms will be used to execute U.S. public equity trades for the current period:
- Barclays Capital
- Capital Institutional Services, Inc.*
- Credit Suisse
- Goldman Sachs
- Guzman & Co.*
- Jane Street Execution Services
- J.P. Morgan
- Jones & Associates
- Loop Capital
- Merrill Lynch
- Morgan Stanley
- North South*
- Weeden & Co.
*For reporting purposes only, voluntarily identified as substantially or majority-owned by women and/or minorities in response to the CalPERS Equity Brokerage Questionnaire.
1Voluntarily identified as a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise.