Tips & Information
The event schedule is the same for Friday and Saturday, so you can attend the day that works best for you to take full advantage of classes and exhibitors. Where ever you are in your career lifecycle, early through mid-career or nearing retirement, plan to spend the day learning about your benefits and gathering information to plan your future.
Three of our classes are customized into two tracks based on where you are in your career lifecycle. One version is tailored to members who are early through mid-career and provides information to assist you in making sound planning decisions for your future. The second version is tailored to members closer to retirement. The classes on Social Security and my|CalPERS Member Self-Service apply to everyone.
- A PDF of each presentation is available on the Event Classes page below each description.
- Five informational topics will be repeated throughout the day.
- It's not necessary to attend one class before another as they are general in nature.
- Classroom seating is first come first serve. When planning your day we encourage you to be flexible as some morning classes fill up quickly.
The earlier you develop an understanding of your benefits as you journey through your career lifecycle, the more prepared you will be. Visit our exhibitors for information on the many programs and services available to you.
- Computers are available for you to access the CalPERS website and my|CalPERS.
- Exhibitors are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to answer questions and provide information.
- If you're unable to attend a class because it's full, take advantage of the free time to visit the exhibit hall.
- Review the Exhibitors and come prepared with questions you need to ask.
- Some exhibitors may not attend all of the events.
- Lunch is not provided.
- There may be food service onsite or within walking distance.