Tips & Information
The event schedule is the same both days, so you can attend the day that works best for you and take full advantage of classes and exhibitors. Whether you are early through mid-career or nearing retirement, plan to spend the day learning about your benefits and gathering information to plan your retirement.
- Find helpful class Learning Guides under each class description on the Event Classes page.
- It's not necessary to attend one class before another as they are all general in nature.
- Registration does not guarantee a seat in the classes.
- Please be flexible when planning your day as some morning classes fill up quickly and class seating is first-come, first-served.
- If you're unable to attend a class because it's full, use this time to visit our exhibit area.
- Health classes are intended for those eligible for CalPERS health benefits, including most state and California State University (CSU) employees. If you work for a school district or public agency, check with your employer to confirm your eligibility before attending the health classes.
- If you don't plan on attending all classes, the afternoon tends to be less crowded.
- Our exhibit area is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day.
- Come prepared to ask questions and gather information from representatives from CalPERS and our partner organizations
- Computers are available for you to access online resources, including the CalPERS website, my|CalPERS, Social Security and more.
- Lunch is not provided, there may be food service onsite or within walking distance.
- Wi-Fi is not provided.
- We suggest dressing in layers as room temperatures can vary.
- Parking information, if applicable, will be included on your reminder email.