Judges' Retirement Systems
CalPERS administers two retirement plans for Supreme and Appellate Court justices as well as Superior and Municipal Court judges:
- Judges' Retirement System (JRS) for those elected or appointed before November 9, 1994
- Judges' Retirement System II (JRS II) for those elected or appointed on or after November 9, 1994
Both plans offer retirement, death, and health benefits.
If you're thinking about retiring, you can use our online Judges' Retirement Estimate Calculator to get an idea of what your monthly benefit might be. No log in is required.
If you think you may be eligible to purchase additional service credit, call the JRS program directly at (916) 795-3688.
To learn about your benefits, review your membership benefit publication or contact your personnel office.
- Judges' Retirement System Member Benefits (PUB 81) (PDF)
- Judges' Retirement System II Member Benefits (PUB 82) (PDF)
You can also log in to my|CalPERS to:
- Access health plan information.
- Review your current account balance.
- Review your latest Annual Member Statement.
The CalPERS website primarily addresses state, public agency, and school members. If you're a JRS or JRS II member, you should review your member publication, visit my|CalPERS, or contact JRS for information specific to you.
P.O. Box 942705
Sacramento, CA 94229-2705
Phone: (916) 795-3688