Risk and Audit Committee November 17, 2020
Oversees system soundness, enterprise risk management, internal and external audits, privacy and information security, ethics, compliance and other independent reassurance activities.
(Agenda items are provided in a PDF format, which require Adobe Reader 8 or higher to view.)
Meeting Agenda for November 17, 2020
Or upon adjournment of the Finance & Administration Committee – Whichever is later
- Call to Order and Roll Call (PDF)
- Approval of the November 17, 2020 Risk & Audit Committee Timed Agenda (PDF)
- Executive Report (Oral Report)Marlene Timberlake D'Adamo
- Action Consent ItemsMarlene Timberlake D'Adamo
- Information Consent ItemsMarlene Timberlake D'Adamo
- Action Agenda Items
- Independent Auditor's Report – Fiscal Years 2019-20 (PDF)Beliz Chappuie
- Review of Independent Auditor's Management Letter (PDF)Beliz Chappuie
- Independent Financial Statement Auditor Selection (PDF)Michele Nix
- RFP for Parallel Valuation and Certification Services (PDF)Fritzie Archuleta
- Information Agenda Items
- Third Party Valuation and Certification of the 2019 Annual Valuations of the Judges' Retirement System (JRS), Judges' Retirement System II (JRSII), Legislators' Retirement System (LRS), and the 1959 Survivor Benefit Program (1959 SBP) (PDF)Beliz Chappuie
- Enterprise Risk Management Framework Review (PDF)Forrest Grimes
- Summary of Committee Direction (Oral Report)Marlene Timberlake D'Adamo
- Public Comment
Upon Adjournment or Recess of Open Session (Government Code sections 11126(a)(1) and (g)(1))
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Action Consent Items
- Approval of the June 17, 2020 Risk & Audit Committee Closed Session Meeting Minutes
- Information Agenda Items
- Personnel, Employment and Performance, Chief Compliance OfficerMarlene Timberlake D'Adamo
- Personnel, Employment and Performance, Chief AuditorBeliz Chappuie
- Personnel, Employment and Performance, Chief Risk OfficerForrest Grimes
- Items designated for Information are appropriate for Committee Action if the Committee wishes to take action. Any Agenda Item from a properly noticed Committee meeting may be considered by the Board at a subsequent Board meeting.
- The hour designated as the earliest starting time for this meeting is not intended to communicate the expected duration (or ending time) of the preceding meeting.
- Public comment may be taken on any agenda item. There is a three-minute limitation on each public comment, unless otherwise directed by the Presiding Officer. (Cal. Code Regs. tit. 2, § 552.1.) Members of the public may provide public comment via telephone by calling (800) 259-4105.
- Board Members may attend meetings of committees of which they are not members and participate in the discussions during those meetings.
- In accordance with Executive Orders N-29-20, N-33-20, and the stay-at-home orders and social distancing measures put in place throughout California, Board members will participate via videoconference.