Pension and Health Benefits Committee Agenda
Oversees all matters related to strategy, policy, structure, and actuarial studies and rate setting for pension, health, and long-term care program administration.
(Agenda items are provided in a PDF format, which require Adobe Reader 8 or higher to view.)
Meeting Agenda for August 15, 2017
9:00 am - Open Session
- Agenda Items
- Call to Order and Roll Call (PDF)
- Executive Report(s) (Oral Report)Liana Bailey-Crimmins, Donna Lum
- Consent Items
Action Consent Items:Liana Bailey-Crimmins
- Consent Items
Information Consent Items:Liana Bailey-Crimmins
- Action Agenda items
- Information Agenda Items
- Empowering CalPERS Members with a Health Care Price Shopping Tool: Promise and Reality (PDF)David Cowling, Ateev Mehrotra, MD, MPH, Harvard Medical School
- Risk Adjustment of CalPERS' Health Plan Rates – History and Experience (PDF)Kathy Donneson, Gary McCollum
- Summary of Committee Direction (Oral Report)Liana Bailey-Crimmins
- Public Comment
- Items designated for Information are appropriate for Committee Action if the Committee wishes to take action. Any Agenda Item from a properly noticed Committee meeting, held immediately prior to this Board meeting, may be considered by the Board.
- The hour designated as the earliest starting time for this meeting is not intended to communicate the expected duration (or ending time) of the preceding meeting.
- Public comment may be taken on any agenda item. There is a three-minute limitation on each public comment, unless otherwise directed by the Committee Chair. (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 2, § 552.1.)
- Board Members may attend meetings of committees of which they are not members and participate in the discussions during those meetings.