Board Governance Committee
This committee is charged with reviewing the Board's internal governance procedures and recommending to the Board any changes or additions to existing policies.
(Agenda items are provided in a PDF format, which require Adobe Reader 8 or higher to view.)
Meeting Agenda for March 13, 2017
1:00 pm - Open Session
Or Upon Adjournment of the Investment Committee Closed Session, Whichever is Later
- Agenda Items
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Election of Board Governance Committee Chair and Vice Chair (Oral Report)Bill Slaton
- Executive Report (Oral Report)Matthew Jacobs
- Consent Items
Action Consent Items:Matthew Jacobs
- Consent Items
Information Consent Items:Matthew Jacobs
- Action Agenda Items
- Proposed Revision to Public Comment FormMatthew Jacobs
- Information Agenda Items
- Update on Board Education ProgramMatthew Jacobs
- Proposed Revisions to Board Governance Policy Regarding Board Member Representation on Outside BoardsBill Slaton
- Responsibility for Creating/Disbanding Committees (standing, ad hoc, sub)Bill Slaton
- Distinction Between Policies and ProceduresMarlene Timberlake D'Adamo
- Summary of Committee Direction (Oral Report)Matthew Jacobs
- Public Comment
- Items designated for Information are appropriate for Committee Action if the Committee wishes to take action. Any Agenda Item from a properly noticed Committee meeting, held immediately prior to this Board meeting, may be considered by the Board.
- The hour designated as the earliest starting time for this meeting is not intended to communicate the expected duration (or ending time) of the preceding meeting.
- Public comment may be taken on any agenda Item. There is a three-minute limitation on each public comment, unless otherwise directed by the Committee Chair.
- Board Members may attend meetings of committees of which they are not members and participate in the discussions during those meetings.