Candidate Statement Tool
CalPERS invites all candidates for the two (2) Member-at-Large positions in the board election to submit a statement to be included in our Candidate Statement Voter Pamphlet. All candidate statements must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 13, 2021.
As part of your candidate statement, you’re urged, but not required to provide answers to some or all the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a CalPERS Board member?
- What are your qualifications to hold the position of CalPERS Board member?
- What are the issues of greatest importance to CalPERS?
- What actions would you take to address the issues of greatest importance to CalPERS?
- What would you do to enhance the organization?
- Within the past five (5) years, have you had any financial hardships, such as bankruptcy filings, insolvencies, assignments for the benefits of creditors, monetary judgements, liens and attachments, wage garnishments, notices of foreclosure, or similar hardships? If yes, please explain the nature of the hardship and how it was resolved.
- Have you ever been subject to any legal or employment action on the grounds of discrimination or sexual harassment? If yes, please explain the nature of the legal or employment action and how it was resolved.
- Do you have any conflicts of interest that could impact your role as a CalPERS Board Member? If yes, please explain the nature of the conflict(s) and how you would address it (them) if you are elected to the Board.
- Will you maintain the confidentiality of all non-public information that you receive in your position on the CalPERS Board?