Member-at-Large Board Election Toolkit
Introduction & Instructions for Use
Thank you for your willingness to help promote the CalPERS 2021 Member-at-Large Board Election. We're making a major push this year to increase voter turnout and we need your help.
The materials in this Member-at-Large Board Election Toolkit are designed to be turnkey. The graphics are locked; however, the newsletter article is not, so you can edit to suit your needs. Instead of sample social media posts, we have provided a link to our social media feed so you can share with your followers.
The theme — I voted. Did you? — is designed to be a conversation starter.
If you have any questions or need assistance with this toolkit, we’re available by phone at (800) 794-2297 or by email at email@example.com.
The toolkit is a resource for active member and retiree organizations to assist with promoting the upcoming board election. You will find visual elements coupled with text-based items. Download the entire Member-at-Large Board Election Toolkit (ZIP, 1.01 MB) or view the individual elements below.
The posters represent the key themes of our efforts to encourage active and retired members to vote and how quick and easy the voting methods are to use.
Member-at-Large Board Election: Make Your Vote Count (PDF) handout provides useful information on the three voting methods.
Get Ready to Vote
Your ballot for the 2021 CalPERS Board of Administration Member-at-Large Election will arrive in your mailbox in late August or early September in a blue envelope.
You can think of it as your personal invitation, as an active or retired CalPERS member, to exercise your right to vote and help select the CalPERS Board Member who will make important decisions about your benefits.
Inside the blue envelope you will find three items:
- Your Candidate Statement Voter Pamphlet – which provides information about the candidates and how to vote. The how-to-vote information is especially important if you haven’t tried the latest online and telephone voting options. These options allow you to cast your vote in seconds from anywhere.
- Your ballot card – that includes a detachable paper ballot and unique Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you will need if you are voting online or by phone.
- A return envelope – if you are voting by mail, use the detachable paper ballot in your blue envelope, place your completed ballot in the postage-paid return envelope, sign the perjury statement on the back of the return envelope, and drop it in the U.S. mail. All paper ballots must be received by September 27 to be counted.
The virtual Candidate Forum is set for Wednesday, September 8, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. You can view the live feed from your computer. It will also be posted on the CalPERS website for later viewing. The forum is an opportunity for you to learn about the candidates before voting.
Another way you can learn about the candidates is to visit the Board Elections webpage on the CalPERS website, where you will find both written and video versions of the candidates’ statements. These will be available for viewing beginning August 27.
So, exercise your right to vote in the fall CalPERS Member-at-Large Board Election. Help choose the leadership that will make important decisions about your benefits and your future.
Use these banner ads to help promote the election on your website. Each has a distinct message that can be used at a variety of times.
- Your retirement benefits are very important to you (JPG, 680x184 pixels)
- Learn About the CalPERS Board Election (JPG, 680x184 pixels)
- Attend the CalPERS Candidate Forum (JPG, 680x184 pixels)