Health Plan Chooser
The Health Plan Chooser is an online tool that helps you evaluate health plan options.
You can use the Chooser to:
- Explore health plan features
- Review the services that each health plan covers
- Access doctor directories, drug formularies and Evidence of Coverage publications
- Estimate out-of-pocket costs
- View health care quality and patient experience ratings
- Compare and rank plans based on personal preferences
The Chooser takes you through five steps that provide you with key information about each health plan. When you finish, the Chooser gives you a Results Summary chart highlighting the plan(s) you rate as the best fit in each category.
The Health Plan Chooser is hosted by the Pacific Business Group on Health. After using the tool, you can share your thoughts about it by completing a survey. If you need more assistance, contact CalPERS at 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377).
- Use the 2014 Health Plan Chooser and compare our 2014 health plans.
Additional ResourcesHealth Plan Chooser Poster (PDF, 303 KB)