Health Plan Chooser
The Pacific Business Group on Health’s (PBGH) Health Plan Chooser is an online tool to help you evaluate health plan options and make an educated decision on the plan best for you and your family.
Use the Chooser to:
- Explore health plan options
- Access health plans' Evidence of Coverage publications, doctor directories, and medication formulary lists
- Estimate out-of-pocket costs for each health plan
- Review the services each health plan covers
- View overall plan satisfaction ratings
The Chooser takes you through five steps that provide you with key information about each health plan. At each step, you can rate how well the plans fit your needs. When you finish, the Chooser gives you a Results Summary chart highlighting the plan(s) you rate as the best fit in each category.
If you are a State active or retired member, the Chooser helps you find the employer contribution. If you are a contracting public agency or school member, contact your current (or former, if you are retired) employer’s human resources department.
After using the tool, you can share your thoughts about it by completing a survey located on the Chooser's Results page.
This online service is simply a resource. If you need more assistance, contact CalPERS at 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377).
Use the 2012 Health Plan Chooser and compare our 2012 health plans now.
Use the 2013 Health Plan Chooser and compare our 2013 health plans now.
- View our site requirements for multimedia files.
Additional ResourcesHealth Plan Chooser Demonstration