The CalPERS Investment Policy Manual outlines the investment policies that the CalPERS Investment Committee has approved for itself, the Pension Fund's investment staff and the third-party contractors who provide services and products to CalPERS.
Investment policies have been developed for CalPERS asset classes, portfolios and programs. The policies address CalPERS investment exposure in the public equity, income, real assets, inflation assets and private equity markets on both a national and international level. Each policy provides clarity of authority, responsibility and accountability of CalPERS assets. Although these matters constitute CalPERS internal management, CalPERS Investment Committee has adopted each policy in full public disclosure.
The CalPERS Investment Policies are current as of October 23, 2014.
Policies are continually updated and developed, so check back often for the latest information.
- California Employers' Retiree Benefit Trust (CERBT) Fund (PDF)
- Global Equity Fund (PDF)
- Judges' Retirement Fund (PDF)
- Judges' Retirement System II (JRS II) Fund (PDF)
- Legislators' Retirement System (LRS) Fund (PDF)
- Securities Lending (PDF)
- Corporate Governance Program
- Developmental Investment Fund