Submit Your Investment Proposal
We have developed an easier, more secure way to submit investment proposals to CalPERS. You can now send your proposals directly to our investment professionals using our new online service.
How the Submission Process Works
- Before submitting an investment proposal, please review important regulatory information from the SEC and the Assembly Bill 1743 Summary. AB 1743 prohibits you or your firm from acting as a placement agent connected to potential investments unless you are a registered lobbyist and comply with the Political Reform Act of 1974.
- Start your online submission form by selecting one of the eight asset classes: Private Equity, Real Estate, Forestland, Infrastructure, Commodities, Global Fixed Income, Global Equities or Hedge Funds.
- Be sure to include information about you, your firm and your proposed investment before you complete the form.
- After you submit your proposal, you will receive a confirmation number for reference. You will also have the opportunity to print your submitted proposal.
- CalPERS staff will screen and review your proposal. It may be declined, accepted for additional due diligence or referred to a CalPERS external partner for review.
For an overview of the submission process, as well as step-by-step instructions, refer to the External User Manual (PDF, 1.44 MB).
For links to CalPERS external manager websites, refer to the CalPERS External Managers list.
If you have questions about this process or your proposal submission, please email us.