Customer Account Services Division
The Customer Account Services Division provides health and retirement account management for members and employers.
Health Account Services Section
- Provides contracting, eligibility and enrollment services to over 1.3 million members and over 1,180 contracting agencies that participate in the CalPERS Health Program
- Assists members in resolving issues with their health plan
- Handles appeals and requests for administrative hearings
- Processes dental enrollments for State retirees
Retirement Account Services Section
- Processes and maintains payroll records
- Performs employee compensation reviews to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and statutes
- Performs service credit eligibility determinations and purchases
- Handles reciprocity, safety reclassifications and PERS/STRS elections
- Processes Alternate Retirement Program elections
Division Support Services Section
- Provides overall administrative support for the division
- Prepares CalPERS Annual Member Statements for more than 1 million active and inactive CalPERS members
Special Programs Management Services Section
- Administers the Judges’ I, Judges’ II and Legislators’ Retirement Systems, providing a full range of retirement and health services to:
- California superior court justices
- Municipal court justices
- Supreme court justices
- Members of the Legislature (elected prior to November 7, 1990)
- Elected Constitutional Officers
- The Insurance Commissioner
- Legislative statutory officers
- Administers three Supplemental Income Plans for public agency and school employers:
- CalPERS Supplemental Income 457 plan - a Deferred Compensation Plan for public agencies and school employers
- State Peace Officers' & Firefighters' (POFF) Supplemental Plan - an employer provided retirement benefit negotiated between the State of California and certain employee groups.
- Supplemental Contributions Plan - an after-tax supplemental savings plan available to CA State employees.
Contract & Membership Services Section
- Provides health plan marketing and contracting services for public agencies.
- Provides ongoing retirement contractual assistance and employee enrollment services to public agencies, state agencies and school employers.